- To achieve universal access to neurosurgical care
Target: >90% of population within 4 hours of neurosurgical facility (WFNS Level 2 or higher)
- To align and coordinate all global neurosurgery activity within WFNS to reaching the goal.
A. Create Global Neurosurgery website
B. Create Global Neurosurgery Action Plan
C. Adoption of Global Neurosurgery Action Plan by >70% of stakeholder organizations
- To stimulate and facilitate relevant research to inform policy.
A. Map research output by region and themes.
B. Establish Global Neurosurgery research grant and/or award mechanisms >1 by 2021.
C. Advocate for Global Neurosurgery sections in major neurosurgery journals >1 by 2021.
D. Establish funding mechanism for training in Global Neurosurgery >1 by 2021.
E. Inclusion of Global Neurosurgery Sessions in major neurosurgery meetings >75% by 2021.
- To engage with surgical stakeholders for building integrated surgical systems
A. Participation by neurosurgeons in National Surgical Plan Processes >75% participation rate by 2021.
B. Participation by neurosurgeons in global surgery conferences. >75% participation rate by 2021.
- To co-advocate for investing in surgical care for all within Universal Health Coverage
A. Participation by neurosurgeons in global surgery advocacy organizations >50% by 2021.
B. Work with industry partners for shared vision. Meet with major industry partners. >75% by 2021.
C. Sensitize the lobbying arms of the major neurosurgical societies
D. Ensure financial risk protection from neurosurgical procedure. Track out of pocket costs of 3 tracer procedures in >50% of LMICs by 2021.